India is one of the most populated countries in the world, and unemployment is a significant concern in our country. When it comes to seeking a job, most of the youths prefer to work in the government sector. In India, a Government job is a big dream for Indian Students. Every 2nd person is preparing for government jobs or collecting information to decide the various top government exams in India. A government job is the most secured job available in the country. It offers job security, decent pay, and is fulfilling. Have you ever wondered how likely it is to secure a government job in India for yourself?
To start with, you should first determine your area of interest. It is always better to shortlist one or two sectors. There are various jobs available in the various sectors; the next step is to shortlist some of the jobs according to your interest and qualification. Passion and interest in a particular area would help you stay focused on your goal. There are various websites which provide information regarding government jobs in India. These websites provide information about new jobs, examination patterns, dates, availability of forms, and helpful study materials to the applicants. Some of the websites are:
- Government Jobs News.com
- Government Jobs Alert.co.in
- www.govt jobs.com
Every year several recruitments are done in the government sector. These sites list all government jobs in India for 10th, 12th, ITI Diploma, Engineering Graduates and postgraduates. You will find Government jobs in Defence, Railway, banking, Teaching, Research, Healthcare, and many more. They also provide information for upcoming walk-ins, internships and apprenticeships jobs in Government sector across India. Government jobs in India comprise two segments:
- Central government jobs
- State government Jobs
If you are keen on getting a job, you may apply for state government jobs or central government jobs. Sometimes there are bulk recruitments in the state, and that increases the chances of securing a job. You must keep a vigil eye and shall register and enrol yourself in various sites to get constant updates. It will prevent oversight due to negligence.
Read Here: How to use Google Alerts in your job search?
Hard work and dedication are vital components to getting a job. For preparation, various books are available in the market, and tuitions are available both online and in the traditional way. You may consider taking help from tuition centres available in your city. That will help you prepare in an organized manner.
Apart from various websites providing all the necessary information, newspapers and advertisements are also an easy way to update yourself regarding different government jobs in India.
Many benefits in central government Jobs in India are:
- Timely payment of salary
- Job security
- Pensionable till death
- Free time available
- Housing facility
- Free health care
- Attractive allowances
- Fixed office hours
As an applicant, you would like to know the Top government recruitment exams in India, some of them are:
- SBI PO Examination: The State bank of India holds it for recruitment of suitable candidates to the post of probationary officer. If you have completed graduation in any stream or equivalent or appearing in final year from a State or Central recognized University you may apply. Online registration for the exam usually occurs in April for that visit sbi.co.in. Preliminary exams take place in June. They conduct the main tests in July, and if you clear it, they will call you for an interview in September. They declare the results in October. The Starting Basic pay is Rs 27,620 applicable to junior Grade Scale I. There are reserved seats for SC/ST, a person with a disability, etc. application fees is Rs 125 for reserved category and Rs 750 for general.
- IPS SO Examination: Institute of Banking Personnel conducts the IPS SO Examination for the selection and recruitment of suitable candidates to the post of specialist officer. Eligibility is post-graduation or equivalent degree, you should be a citizen of India, and your age limit should be between 20-30 years. It is also a three-level examination consisting of a preliminary exam, main exam, and an interview. Initial tests occur in August and results are declared in mid-October. The stellar reviews take place in December for which results come out in March. The interview: personality test happens in May. Minimum height for men is 165 cm and for women is 150 cm.
- RBI Grade B Examination: Every year a massive number of candidates appears in RBI Grade examination for the post falling under Grade B. you are eligible if you have passed class 10th and 12th with minimum 60 % from a recognized board. Your age should be between 21-30 years. RBI Grade B Phase I exam is conducted in June while Phase-II exams in July.
- LIC AAO Examination: LIC AAO Examination is conducted by life insurance Corporation for the recruitment of suitable candidates to the post of Assistant Administration Officer.
Eligibility is graduation in any stream. Preliminary exams take place in May and Mains in June.
- Indian Railways Examination: It takes place for the recruitment of suitable candidates to technical and non-technical posts. The age should e between 18-32 years of age. They held the first stage computer-based exams in August.
- TET Examination: Teacher Eligibility Test examination is a test by the Central government and states like Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, Assam, etc. It is for recruitment in government schools and colleges. If you are an applicant, you should have completed a bachelor degree from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% and Diploma in Elementary Education from a recognized institute. Registration opens in February.
- SSC CGL Examination: Staff selection commission conducts it for the recruitment of Examiner, Excise Inspector, Auditor, etc. You should have completed graduation in the relevant stream and should be between 20-30 years of age. Tier I exam is conducted in June while the Tier II exam occurs in September in online mode.
- Defence services: Army, Navy, and Coastal Services. This job provides a candidate with the opportunity to enter into the Indian Army, Navy, and such defence Institutions. The National Defence Academy and Naval Academy exam is conducted by UPSC twice every year. It comprises of 2 stages: an offline test and SSB interview.
- Government doctors: Government doctors in Institutions like AIIMS and other Government hospitals are highly respectable. They get higher payments and a genuine opportunity to serve the poor.
SC/ST‘s get some relaxation in most of the above examinations.
In recent years, the government has been working hard for the upliftment of the female section of the nation. Policies like the National Credit Fund for women, Rajiv Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls, implements in full swing for the betterment of women and girls. The various government jobs in India offered to women ensure a better and fair society.
Around 10000 vacancies are available for undergraduates currently, and more than 5000 jobs in the government sector are available for a graduate degree.
Students are seen investing a lot of time in deciding which form, which job, at which salary and for what comfort are they looking in a particular government job.
Read Here: How to Use Twitter to Find Jobs
Jobs in public sector units like BHEL, ONGC, COAL INDIA, IOCL, HPCL, etc. are an excellent option. They provide various benefits to the employees. The pay is good, and the work pressure is more manageable than the private sectors. The best part of being in a PSU is that one gets to work in fixed duty hours and the job offers modest security.
The salary structure varies according to the designation. A management trainee can expect a salary of about INR 1,410,000 Annual CTC while graduate engineers may expect about INR 1,080,000 annual CTC.
The minimum pay is at INR 18000 per month, and the maximum pay is at INR
2,25,000 per month.
For some candidates, the pay scale is an important criterion; they would like to know about the highest-paid government jobs in India. Below are the five highest-paid government jobs in India:
- Indian Administrative Services
Senior time scale:
Payscale – INR 15600 -39100
Grade pay-INR 6600
Junior Time Scale:
Pay Scale-INR 15600-39100
Grade pay- INR 5400
- Public sector undertakings include jobs at HPCL, IOCL, ONGC, BHEL, etc.
Payscale- INR 24900-50500
Annual CTC- INR 10, 80,000
Payscale –INR 24,900- 50500
Annual CTC-14, 10,000
3. Defence Services- Navy, Army, and Air Force
Commandant (junior grade)- INR 15600-39100, grade pay INR 7600
Deputy Commandant-INR 15600-39100, grade pay 6600
Assistant Commandant- INR 15600-39100, grade pay 5400
4. Indian Foreign Services
Senior time scale
Payscale – INR 15600-39100, grade pay- INR 6600
Junior time scale
Pay scale – INR 15600-39100, grade pay- INR 5400
5. Indian police Services
Senior time scale
Payscale – INR 15600-39100, grade pay- INR 6600
Junior time scale
Payscale – INR 15600-39100, grade pay- INR 5400
Hope the above information would help you make the right career decision. Please remember while appearing for an interview, you must take along with you a well-written resume and all the necessary documents with yourself. All the best job, aspirants!